It was recently suggested to me that I take the VTSP (VMware Technical Sales Professional) course, the idea behind this was that the knowledge gained from sitting this course could help with passing my VCP exam.
The VTSP program is broken down into different areas of expertise, the course I did falls under the Core Knowledge area and is definitely useful for those wanting a little extra assistance with their VCP studies.
In addition to the Core Knowledge VTSP course the following additional areas are also available :-
- Datacenter Expertise (Cloud Infrastructure)
- Desktop Expertise (End-User Computing)
- Management Expertise (Cloud Management)
- Application Expertise (Cloud Application Platform)
Having signed up for the VMware Partner Program (I have my own Limited Company which I signed up with) I then proceeded to take the various modules required to pass the VTSP Core Knowledge course.
The modules for this course are :-
- VMware vSphere 4.1 Architecture
- VMware vSphere 4.1 Installation
- VMware vSphere 4.1 vNetwork
- VMware vSphere 4.1 vStorage
- VMware vSphere 4.1 vCenter Management
- VMware vSphere 4.1 Virtual Machine Management
Modules can be taken in any order and are made up of online presentations and (occasionally) hands on demonstrations that give you the required knowledge to pass the module tests.
All in all I was very impressed with the training offered, especially as this training is provided free to Partners (which depending on your requirements can be free as well), what this means is that you have another set of presentations available to assist you in your goal of passing the VCP exam.
If you’re company is a VMware Partner there is no reason why you can’t take this training, going beyond that I can’t see a reason why you couldn’t sign up as an individual (as I did) to the VMware Partner Program and get this training done.
More information on the VMware Partner Program can be found here